Friday, December 21, 2007

My Fear of Heights and a Hot Air Balloon

I?ve been terrified of heights for as long as I can remember and still I insist on white knuckle experiences.

On occasion I?ve thought it?d be a great idea for my family and me to ride in glass elevators, take rides on Ferris wheels (large or small), check out revolving restaurants atop towers ? not only is this alone terrifying, vertigo also gets thrown in for good measure. Then there was my absolute fear of flying which thankfully has been dealt with successfully.

Hot air ballooning is a different kettle of fish. Now I know hot air balloons fly (sort of) however there are no in-flight rations, flight attendants, movies, headsets, or pressurized cabins. There is just a big balloon (also called an envelope ? I paid attention during the pre-flight brie View the rest of this article


No comments: